If you are skilled about anything then you should be skilled enough to make anyone understand about it. I don’t mean you need to master it completely but if you get any circumstance to explain or share knowledge about it then you may need to explain basic things about it rather than just replying with one word. This will help you to create your credibility and exhibit your expertise. Such knowledge sharing can be an opportunity for you to some jobs as this demonstrates your potential in the sector. So, let never be one worded when we are asked something with regards to our skill. Continue reading Never be one worded
If you are planning this new year 2017 to be counted as one of the successful years compared to other years then you need to act wisely and achieve that goal. Beside your action on the goal achievement, you need to keep yourself motivated to move on. Based on my past experiences making a resolution, planning on it is far easier than executing those plans. Continue reading Keep yourself motivated
Many of us have new resolution for this New Year 2017. As mentioned in the earlier post now, we have to plan how to fulfill our zeal by the end of the year 2017. From past years, we may have thought that we are not able to complete the plans that we have thought as every new year resolution. Not every person in this world is able to have super focus and know how to achieve goal. Though we may not be working on the resolution does not mean we are not thinking about it so, we just need to have that tiny habit of doing small things to meet the new year goal. Continue reading How to achieve goal
As we are in the new days of a new year 2017, if you are feeling low and indecisive of what to do then it is the time to start from ground level. You can try to find your zeal. Once you figure out what your interest or passion then it will be easier for you to move ahead with other plans.
Success does not come at once and easily. You need to have your skills tested under different kinds of pressure and undergo various hurdles to get succeeded what you are doing. Continue reading Find your zeal
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2017. Welcome to this first post of the new year 2017. In addition to it, we’d like you to remind the resolution you have made for this year. So, whatever the plan you have made for this year, please step up and start something on it. If you are confused then you can reach us via your comment in below section. We will reach out to you with a better plan to execute it successfully.
So, its time to work on those plans, resolutions and start to complete them. It will be quite tough to initiate it but we are sure you would complete it and happen by end of 2017 and thank yourself then. So, plan wisely on how to move ahead and get through all the obstacles with this new fresh mood of 2017.
Once again, HAPPY NEW YEAR 2017.
This post shall be applicable to the interns who are following or seeking internship as a computer programmer. It takes huge effort and experience to become a good programmer but practicing small habits can bring a great change in course of time. However, I would like to make few suggestions which can help you to become a better programmer. Please find 10 tips to get better at programming as below.
1) Contributing to an open source project is a learning endeavor. It requires you to adhere to strict coding practices and writing testable code. You will have an opportunity to learn from other’s code. Also, it gives you a sense of fulfillment as your contribution will be used by others to build great products.
2) Writing blogs will help you to formulate your understanding. If you are not fully clear about innards of any concept, while writing a blog about them, you would need to do the in-depth study which will help you to broaden your knowledge set. Furthermore, comments from readers can help you to correct your mistakes or flaw in understanding in your article
3) Be a power user of your programming tools, be it sublime or Emacs or vim or any other. It will save lots of man hours.
4) Don’t count on numbers of the hour you have worked. Hours worked is a useless metrics, instead, focus on how much you have achieved.
5) Be willing to take massive criticism willingly. Criticism is the only way to improve.
6) If possible pair program with experienced programmers.
7) Do code review periodically.
8) It may sound weird but you must be able to write bad code. Under certain circumstances, it is more important to deliver product rather than writing pretty code.
9) It may sound cliched, but you have to move fast and break things
10) Don’t get religiously obsessed with any tools, technologies or languages. Use them as a utility to achieve your objective.
I’d like you to practice on the points mentioned above so as to get better at computer language programming. Even though this post is targeted to computer programmers, other interns can also follow some of the points such as contributing others project, writing blogs, reviewing completed task etc and succeed your internship remarkably. If you have any other suggestion beside the above 10 tips to get better at programming please do mention in the comment section below. Have a nice day ahead.
Starting an internship in any organisation is an intimidating task for students. However, extroverts usually overcome their fear with time. They are good at networking and making new friends at a workplace. In meetings and in team discussions, they are quick to give opinions and express their views. They are better at showing their efforts and contribution. However, for Introvert Interns, it is a long intimidating journey ahead. They might be perceived as poor team players, unenthusiastic, and even inattentive.
Despite these demerits, introverts do have a competitive edge edge over extroverts. First of all, they have to accept their nature and use it as an advantage. Continue reading Introvert Interns
I still remember sitting on chair waiting for HR to show me my workstation. At that moment I was so motivated by the people I saw working in front of me that, if anybody asks me ‘most motivated time’ then I always call that moment. It was the first day, after HR team have already given orientation about company culture, rules, activities and professionalism.
Initial weeks started with oracle database study and some SQL including Linux. I started experiencing the corporate culture and alongside these, HIPPA, Anti Bribery and Corruption (ABC), dress code, soft skills, Security compliance were new terms to me. Continue reading Internship Experience by Bhupal Rai
A daily task which takes less than 30 seconds and requires less effort can be taken as tiny habit. Tiny habits are easy to form and can be used as building blocks for larger difficult habits. However, the intention of this article is to list few tiny habits that might improve and bring positivity in your life .
Gratitude: Writing down 1 or 2 things which you are grateful of. It helps to shift your mental state from pessimism to optimism.
Avoid News: It will save you from all the negativities that come up in news. We are living in the most prosperous and safe time in the history. Let us enjoy our life instead of worrying about things hyped by media.
Exercise : You can do sprints of 60 seconds or few number of push-ups every morning.
Integrate physical activity in your daily schedule: Instead of taking escalator/elevator, take stairs instead. Instead of driving a short distance, take a walk instead.
These are some basic habits and are in no way complete. Before concluding, I’d like you to request some tiny habits in chain so that they could bring a good result in you. You are welcome to post other habits which you think have a profound effect in our lives in the comment section.
An internship is a period when you try to learn your learning, understanding of any faculty to its implementation. It is the limited time interval where you have to learn lots of things for your first job. During this you may feel to be lagging lots of things within yourself and fail to keep up with ongoing development of the organization. I have collected some of the points to do when you are feeling less skilled.
- Practice, results don’t matter keep practicing on the things you want to strengthen yourself. Nothing enhances skill rather than practice.
- Reading books on the matters you are interested and passionate about ultimately brushes knowledge your knowledge and think broadly.
- Give yourself time to understand environment, know people around you, understand the problem.
- Don’t believe in short cuts as some of which work but they don’t work every time.
- As you are looking for a job so keep your eyes open.
- Be kind and open to all feedback and suggestions from your seniors.
- Don’t compare yourself to others.
Hope you liked the article along the 7 point to do when you are feeling less skilled and you may also want to read Habits to succeed in internship in order to gain more success in your internship period. Have a nice day.