A daily task which takes less than 30 seconds and requires less effort can be taken as tiny habit. Tiny habits are easy to form and can be used as building blocks for larger difficult habits. However, the intention of this article is to list few tiny habits that might improve and bring positivity in your life .
Gratitude: Writing down 1 or 2 things which you are grateful of. It helps to shift your mental state from pessimism to optimism.
Avoid News: It will save you from all the negativities that come up in news. We are living in the most prosperous and safe time in the history. Let us enjoy our life instead of worrying about things hyped by media.
Exercise : You can do sprints of 60 seconds or few number of push-ups every morning.
Integrate physical activity in your daily schedule: Instead of taking escalator/elevator, take stairs instead. Instead of driving a short distance, take a walk instead.
These are some basic habits and are in no way complete. Before concluding, I’d like you to request some tiny habits in chain so that they could bring a good result in you. You are welcome to post other habits which you think have a profound effect in our lives in the comment section.
An internship is a period when you try to learn your learning, understanding of any faculty to its implementation. It is the limited time interval where you have to learn lots of things for your first job. During this you may feel to be lagging lots of things within yourself and fail to keep up with ongoing development of the organization. I have collected some of the points to do when you are feeling less skilled.
Internship is the first step to your career life so, one has to learn and do many things to get successful. Beside working hard, there are many traits and habits to succeed in internship period.
- Prepare yourself: Prepare yourself across different perspective as you are the only one who has to take care and move ahead. Try to keep yourself healthy in terms of physical fitness and financially too. Hit the GYM every day and learn the basics of finance. Learn personality style and how to present yourself before others. If you focus on money, you don’t get money. Focus on adding value and that will bring you money.
- Socialize: A life is not successful without real friends and colleagues. Earn them so that they are too passionate and eager to move ahead with you and get succeeded in life. Friends are real problem solvers no matter what they are up to. So surround yourself with good people whether its school, college, home, club etc.
- Never stop learning: Learning at school may have been boring but following your dream should never brag you. So, beside your formal degree try to learn any thing which can elevate your personality. Grab opportunities to learn rather than following series, mobile games. There are many different sources of learning like coursera, udemy, Ted talks, Documentaries.
- Be positive: I’m not an expert on this point still I suggest you to stay positive in every incident happening with you. With positive mind come great awareness and you can prepare yourself for every huddles on the way.
The first step for application is to apply for the internship in the desired organization for which you may need to present your CV (bio-data). Since the CV demonstrates your qualifications, experiences and summary of all your achievements, it needs be well ordered, amplifying or say killer one. This post shall be covering 10 things to include in your CV for internship application. Below are some of the vital points when covered shall be resulting a good looking and impressive CV.
Internship is a period where an student learns a lot of things from an organization and employer to make oneself ready for job selection, job search and career growth. So I have tried to collect some point on general expectation of interns from internship regardless of faculty they are pursuing to make themselves successful.
– To feel the how the tasks are conducted in an organization.
– To know how the responsibilities are distributed among the employees.
– To gain knowledge on day to day task assigned and its execution process.
– To know what are the compliance, laws and rules to be followed by an employee.
– To know what are the steps to be followed to join an organization.
– To develop personal skill sets required future job selection, job hunt and career growth. Continue reading Expectation of interns from internship
The Kickoff of final year started in hunt for internship, a full credit course in 7th semester and duress for every students to get their coveted Engineering degree. I am one of them, sitting on a chair in Civil Department at Kathmandu University, googling for hours on organizations, where I was going to step in.
My internship, the genesis of practical experience in professional environment started from 2015 – March with objective to get exposed with engineering duties and responsibilities, develop the proficiency to function in diverse engineering and managerial settings. Being student of Civil engineering with particular interest in hydropower, I with my 3 friends chose Middle Bhotekoshi Hydroelectric Project (102 MW) as the host organization, located at 101 KM from Kathmandu if you start journey through Araniko highway. Continue reading Internship Experience by Prajwol Neupane