You cannot expect success without working hard and having lots of patience to keep your heads up no matter what situation you may face. If you keep jumping from one task to other without completing then there shall be a moment when you have nothing to do as you have tried your hands on all things but no success. But if your long-term hard work had not clicked then sticking to it might be harmful too. You should decide what is the dead end for your try and switch the track you have been following but never stop trying hard. Continue reading Never Stop Trying
No matter how much we work harder and harder to achieve success in our life, there comes some situations where we need to face failure. We have to be aware of the things that can lead to failure too so that we can take care of them and prevent ourselves from failing. Here, I have mentioned 2 reasons of failure
1) Not having small Progress:
All the situations are the results of the deeds we have done in past similarly, all the moments we will be facing in future are the results of the work we do today. If we are successful today then its the result of hard work of yesterdays so we need to keep moving forward constantly and keep progressing each day no matter the task is small or large.
Continue reading 2 reasons of failure
This post is just my personal thought for the developers who are in the initial stage of their career who want to excel in their career. Being a web programmer, my points may be tilted towards it, even though here are the 10 things for rising developers from my side.
– Find what you are passionate about to code and why you are interested in the field so that remembering that it will keep on motivate you.
– Developers need to have a social presence in the trending social medias like FaceBook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Medium etc which could display what one is engaged in.
Continue reading 10 things for rising developers
Simple Mantras to achieve your dreams:
- You don’t need to be the fastest.
- You don’t need to be the wisest.
- You don’t need to be the smartest.
- You don’t need to be the most brilliant.
You don’t need to be generally accepted to achieve your dreams and be great in life.
- All you need is “courage”.
- All you need is “boldness”.
- All you need is the will to try.
- All you need is the faith to believe it is possible.
- All you need is to believe in yourself, that “you can” do it.
Below, I have tried to enlist, 4 easy ways Interns can influence other
Try to be clear about what you are trying and try to put creative ideas or feedbacks when necessary.
Your reports should not have any points which could lead to dispute.
You need to have skill of interpersonal communication, reading and presentation.
You need to collborate, netowrk with other employees on and off working hours to have a special bond.
If you agree with above please share with other and if you have anything to say please mention in below comment box.
The future depends on what you do today.
Whoever is happy will make others happy too.
Everything I’ve ever let go of has claw marks on it.
-David Foster Wallace
Motivation is the art of getting people to do what you want them to do because they want to do it.
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Go where you are celebrated—not tolerated. If they can’t see the real value of you, it’s time for a new start.
-Unknown Continue reading 12 Timeless Pieces Of Advice About Career
One may be in different kinds of situation depending upon the phase of the life one is living. He or she may have to face different kinds of challenges from society, competitors etc physically and mentally. No matter what may happen, one should always try to be open to any kind of challenges as it will lead to some kind of opportunity.
People who had been open to different kind of challenges or facing any kind of problems on their career path learn fast as they will be able to cope up such situation based on their past experiences. Continue reading Try to be open
Being a human being, it is in our nature to seek new opportunities most of the times to escalate for better career and life on feeling bored of what you are doing. We keep the search ongoing till we don’t find the job we are dreaming of or achieve the goal we have set.
We feel anxious, hurried, worried and many other feelings till we don’t achieve them but after succeeding in those achievements, we may feel the same old feeling bored of what you are doing or in search of a new job or changing the habit. Continue reading Feeling bored of what you are doing
If you are skilled about anything then you should be skilled enough to make anyone understand about it. I don’t mean you need to master it completely but if you get any circumstance to explain or share knowledge about it then you may need to explain basic things about it rather than just replying with one word. This will help you to create your credibility and exhibit your expertise. Such knowledge sharing can be an opportunity for you to some jobs as this demonstrates your potential in the sector. So, let never be one worded when we are asked something with regards to our skill. Continue reading Never be one worded
If you are planning this new year 2017 to be counted as one of the successful years compared to other years then you need to act wisely and achieve that goal. Beside your action on the goal achievement, you need to keep yourself motivated to move on. Based on my past experiences making a resolution, planning on it is far easier than executing those plans. Continue reading Keep yourself motivated
Many of us have new resolution for this New Year 2017. As mentioned in the earlier post now, we have to plan how to fulfill our zeal by the end of the year 2017. From past years, we may have thought that we are not able to complete the plans that we have thought as every new year resolution. Not every person in this world is able to have super focus and know how to achieve goal. Though we may not be working on the resolution does not mean we are not thinking about it so, we just need to have that tiny habit of doing small things to meet the new year goal. Continue reading How to achieve goal
As we are in the new days of a new year 2017, if you are feeling low and indecisive of what to do then it is the time to start from ground level. You can try to find your zeal. Once you figure out what your interest or passion then it will be easier for you to move ahead with other plans.
Success does not come at once and easily. You need to have your skills tested under different kinds of pressure and undergo various hurdles to get succeeded what you are doing. Continue reading Find your zeal
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2017. Welcome to this first post of the new year 2017. In addition to it, we’d like you to remind the resolution you have made for this year. So, whatever the plan you have made for this year, please step up and start something on it. If you are confused then you can reach us via your comment in below section. We will reach out to you with a better plan to execute it successfully.
So, its time to work on those plans, resolutions and start to complete them. It will be quite tough to initiate it but we are sure you would complete it and happen by end of 2017 and thank yourself then. So, plan wisely on how to move ahead and get through all the obstacles with this new fresh mood of 2017.
Once again, HAPPY NEW YEAR 2017.
This post shall be applicable to the interns who are following or seeking internship as a computer programmer. It takes huge effort and experience to become a good programmer but practicing small habits can bring a great change in course of time. However, I would like to make few suggestions which can help you to become a better programmer. Please find 10 tips to get better at programming as below.
1) Contributing to an open source project is a learning endeavor. It requires you to adhere to strict coding practices and writing testable code. You will have an opportunity to learn from other’s code. Also, it gives you a sense of fulfillment as your contribution will be used by others to build great products.
2) Writing blogs will help you to formulate your understanding. If you are not fully clear about innards of any concept, while writing a blog about them, you would need to do the in-depth study which will help you to broaden your knowledge set. Furthermore, comments from readers can help you to correct your mistakes or flaw in understanding in your article
3) Be a power user of your programming tools, be it sublime or Emacs or vim or any other. It will save lots of man hours.
4) Don’t count on numbers of the hour you have worked. Hours worked is a useless metrics, instead, focus on how much you have achieved.
5) Be willing to take massive criticism willingly. Criticism is the only way to improve.
6) If possible pair program with experienced programmers.
7) Do code review periodically.
8) It may sound weird but you must be able to write bad code. Under certain circumstances, it is more important to deliver product rather than writing pretty code.
9) It may sound cliched, but you have to move fast and break things
10) Don’t get religiously obsessed with any tools, technologies or languages. Use them as a utility to achieve your objective.
I’d like you to practice on the points mentioned above so as to get better at computer language programming. Even though this post is targeted to computer programmers, other interns can also follow some of the points such as contributing others project, writing blogs, reviewing completed task etc and succeed your internship remarkably. If you have any other suggestion beside the above 10 tips to get better at programming please do mention in the comment section below. Have a nice day ahead.
Starting an internship in any organisation is an intimidating task for students. However, extroverts usually overcome their fear with time. They are good at networking and making new friends at a workplace. In meetings and in team discussions, they are quick to give opinions and express their views. They are better at showing their efforts and contribution. However, for Introvert Interns, it is a long intimidating journey ahead. They might be perceived as poor team players, unenthusiastic, and even inattentive.
Despite these demerits, introverts do have a competitive edge edge over extroverts. First of all, they have to accept their nature and use it as an advantage. Continue reading Introvert Interns
I still remember sitting on chair waiting for HR to show me my workstation. At that moment I was so motivated by the people I saw working in front of me that, if anybody asks me ‘most motivated time’ then I always call that moment. It was the first day, after HR team have already given orientation about company culture, rules, activities and professionalism.
Initial weeks started with oracle database study and some SQL including Linux. I started experiencing the corporate culture and alongside these, HIPPA, Anti Bribery and Corruption (ABC), dress code, soft skills, Security compliance were new terms to me. Continue reading Internship Experience by Bhupal Rai
A daily task which takes less than 30 seconds and requires less effort can be taken as tiny habit. Tiny habits are easy to form and can be used as building blocks for larger difficult habits. However, the intention of this article is to list few tiny habits that might improve and bring positivity in your life .
Gratitude: Writing down 1 or 2 things which you are grateful of. It helps to shift your mental state from pessimism to optimism.
Avoid News: It will save you from all the negativities that come up in news. We are living in the most prosperous and safe time in the history. Let us enjoy our life instead of worrying about things hyped by media.
Exercise : You can do sprints of 60 seconds or few number of push-ups every morning.
Integrate physical activity in your daily schedule: Instead of taking escalator/elevator, take stairs instead. Instead of driving a short distance, take a walk instead.
These are some basic habits and are in no way complete. Before concluding, I’d like you to request some tiny habits in chain so that they could bring a good result in you. You are welcome to post other habits which you think have a profound effect in our lives in the comment section.
An internship is a period when you try to learn your learning, understanding of any faculty to its implementation. It is the limited time interval where you have to learn lots of things for your first job. During this you may feel to be lagging lots of things within yourself and fail to keep up with ongoing development of the organization. I have collected some of the points to do when you are feeling less skilled.
- Practice, results don’t matter keep practicing on the things you want to strengthen yourself. Nothing enhances skill rather than practice.
- Reading books on the matters you are interested and passionate about ultimately brushes knowledge your knowledge and think broadly.
- Give yourself time to understand environment, know people around you, understand the problem.
- Don’t believe in short cuts as some of which work but they don’t work every time.
- As you are looking for a job so keep your eyes open.
- Be kind and open to all feedback and suggestions from your seniors.
- Don’t compare yourself to others.
Hope you liked the article along the 7 point to do when you are feeling less skilled and you may also want to read Habits to succeed in internship in order to gain more success in your internship period. Have a nice day.
Internship is the first step to your career life so, one has to learn and do many things to get successful. Beside working hard, there are many traits and habits to succeed in internship period.
- Prepare yourself: Prepare yourself across different perspective as you are the only one who has to take care and move ahead. Try to keep yourself healthy in terms of physical fitness and financially too. Hit the GYM every day and learn the basics of finance. Learn personality style and how to present yourself before others. If you focus on money, you don’t get money. Focus on adding value and that will bring you money.
- Socialize: A life is not successful without real friends and colleagues. Earn them so that they are too passionate and eager to move ahead with you and get succeeded in life. Friends are real problem solvers no matter what they are up to. So surround yourself with good people whether its school, college, home, club etc.
- Never stop learning: Learning at school may have been boring but following your dream should never brag you. So, beside your formal degree try to learn any thing which can elevate your personality. Grab opportunities to learn rather than following series, mobile games. There are many different sources of learning like coursera, udemy, Ted talks, Documentaries.
- Be positive: I’m not an expert on this point still I suggest you to stay positive in every incident happening with you. With positive mind come great awareness and you can prepare yourself for every huddles on the way.
The first step for application is to apply for the internship in the desired organization for which you may need to present your CV (bio-data). Since the CV demonstrates your qualifications, experiences and summary of all your achievements, it needs be well ordered, amplifying or say killer one. This post shall be covering 10 things to include in your CV for internship application. Below are some of the vital points when covered shall be resulting a good looking and impressive CV.
- List your name and other personal information.
- Try using genuine words in every element of CV even in email like firstname.lastname@example.org may be blocker in back of the mind for the reader.
- Enlist the qualification you have which could influence a hiring organization.
- Sentences should be focused with short sentences. Long sentences or paragraphs may be avoided in most of the cases resulting your skills and experience explanation go in vain.
Internship is a period where an student learns a lot of things from an organization and employer to make oneself ready for job selection, job search and career growth. So I have tried to collect some point on general expectation of interns from internship regardless of faculty they are pursuing to make themselves successful.
– To feel the how the tasks are conducted in an organization.
– To know how the responsibilities are distributed among the employees.
– To gain knowledge on day to day task assigned and its execution process.
– To know what are the compliance, laws and rules to be followed by an employee.
– To know what are the steps to be followed to join an organization.
– To develop personal skill sets required future job selection, job hunt and career growth. Continue reading Expectation of interns from internship
The Kickoff of final year started in hunt for internship, a full credit course in 7th semester and duress for every students to get their coveted Engineering degree. I am one of them, sitting on a chair in Civil Department at Kathmandu University, googling for hours on organizations, where I was going to step in.
My internship, the genesis of practical experience in professional environment started from 2015 – March with objective to get exposed with engineering duties and responsibilities, develop the proficiency to function in diverse engineering and managerial settings. Being student of Civil engineering with particular interest in hydropower, I with my 3 friends chose Middle Bhotekoshi Hydroelectric Project (102 MW) as the host organization, located at 101 KM from Kathmandu if you start journey through Araniko highway. Continue reading Internship Experience by Prajwol Neupane
As mentioned in my earlier post How to prepare yourself for internship in Nepal, working hard is essential for any one to succeed in the field of interest. Work hard does not mean to do lots of work to satisfy seniors but its an act which makes you feel obsessed in pursue of your dreams. None sector are free from competition, so every one has to gear up to accept the challenges and feel the thrills and chills of the execution of responsibility daily. Continue reading Work hard
In one of the post of my blog, I mentioned guidelines for internship in Nepal.Today, I’d like to present some of the points to the new graduates or to be graduates on how to prepare yourself for internship in Nepal. Most of the companies of Nepal conduct internship to enroll such students or candidates who are keen and interested to work for them later on. But this is not only reason for internship other motive is to let the upcoming fellows to enhance their forte and grow such business in the country. No, matter what the reasons may be students who are seeking for internship in Nepal must be ready and know how to prepare yourself for internship in Nepal. So, I’d like to present some of the points below which may help you.
Students must be aware on different facts which may be ongoing on their field. They should be putting their eyes on the developments and the new upcoming enhancements so that they can update themselves on required time. If one nods to such course of changing situation then he or she may not impress the organization who are letting the opportunity for internship. Continue reading How to prepare yourself for internship in Nepal
Internship should never always be searched in big and reputed companies and business houses. It can also be done in growing institutions too where there are lot more things to be done yet. As the growth is more in upcoming companies than the settled companies, interns get opportunities to get exposed to different kinds of tasks and understand how about of the situations and environments.
For the country like Nepal, where we are asked to finish studies and start earning asap, we may not be seeking the internship in startup companies as they shall be paying us low and less facilitated but on the contrary it will educate them about the steps to come over to the tasks for which they are assigned to which shall be thrilling and exciting experience of internship. Continue reading Fun of internship in Startup Companies